Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Leaving Davis soon

People never realize how nice Davis is until they leave Davis. I agree.

Coming to Davis from New York, I have to admit that I didn't like my first year in Davis. The students were harsh on me, the reading load was way heavier than before, the struggle in my long-distance relationship and the boring small town. All the reasons cumulated my dislike toward Davis. Whenever people asked me, "You went from New York to Davis????!!!" I could only shrug and say, "yeah, for a stupid reason" (and my close friends should know why).

However, things seemed to change in my second year. I was much closer with my officemates. We enjoyed food together, we caught movies together, we whined together and most of the time we just hung and talked. Without their encouragement and support I can never make this far. They really made Davis the second home for me. However, we all move on to different stages of our lives, and I am the last one who leaves our office. Next time I come back, it will be all different.

Another important part of my Davis life is Acacia fellowship. After a year of drifting away from church, I finally decided to find a church in Davis. So I googled, ok, I am in Davis, I speak Chinese, and I am looking for a Christian church. So i typed, "Davis Chinese Christian Church" and bingo! There's one that I passed by all the time without even noticing it. So here I am! Acacia has so many wonderful brothers and sisters whom I am always encouraged by. I just feel so much loved by all of them especially during my recent difficult times. They are the reason I don't want to leave Davis...

I am packing very very slowly, I guess that's because I really don't want to leave.

Now the positive side, I finally got to live with my hubby! And our neighborhood is awesome!!! Walking distance to shopping mall, movie theater, chinese and japanese plaza and my favorite beard papa!!!!!!I'll surely be spoiled. The other day A and I were wondering around our neighborhood, we found a big bridal shop, and guess what, the next day I checked it out myself and now the dress is in my closet! Very impulsive I am...

3 days before I move.

2 comments:

  1. let me know your address, will be sending a check, ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the wedding dress! :)

    ReplyDelete